Mebane-Intro to Art Course with Lauri 1 on 1 lessons
“The artist does not see things as they are, but as he is.” ~Alfred Tonnelle
The techniques taught in this course are designed to build important cognitive skills all the while developing your artistic style and personality. Under our guidance and techniques, you’ll be creating fine art and learning the skills to continue to grow as an artist.
Ultimately, over a 6 week span, we will be working towards creating a painting, through exercises in drawing and memory exercises that are listed below.
Teacher with 30 years experience. Lauri is a long time resident and art teacher in Alamance County with a private studio in Mebane. Her unique approach to teaching and original concepts have been helping artists and students develop far beyond what they thought was possible. This course is designed for adult beginners as well as those on the path to becoming professional artists.
What You'll Learn
- Introduction. Lauri Daughtry will lay out the basic principles of creating fine art— color, composition, scale, and how to create artworks inspired by your own imagination — and
- Conclusion. This course will offer a variety of art mediums for you to explore and fall in love with! It is designed to not only help you become a better artist but to give you a set of skills that can be applied outside the studio, in your daily life. Learning to draw and building the skills to “see” and understand art are skills that once learned stay with you for your entire life.
- This course is limited to 4 people, but 1-on1 lessons are acceptable. Ages 16-adult. Social distancing and masks are required.
- When: To be determined
- Dates: to be determined
- Cost: $260, supplies included, which includes a complete painting set. Your sketchbook is optional.
- Payment is made upfront through www.artsypartync.com and is non-refundable when you reserve your spot.
- Questions? Reach out to Lauri at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you register, we will send a google form to collect information!